I found this recipe last week when I was planning our weekly menu. Something I hadn't done in a few weeks due to a random schedule we've had. (and in turn, we ate a lot of cereal for dinner. Kind of a nice change. It was like I was taking the Special K challenge, and Stephen was taking the Cheerio challenge. I don't think any weight was lost though)
But it sure was nice to have REAL meals last week.
Like this one. Spicy Pasta Salad with smoked Gouda, tomatoes and basil... a Pioneer Woman Recipe... in honor of her new show on the Food Network!!!!!
The special ingredient is adobo sauce. Say it with me A-DO-BO.
It is A-Good-A.
Here's the recipe. It makes a ton, which I then ate left overs every day for lunch. I loved this pasta cold. All around, good meal ;) I did add some roasted chicken to it when I served it to Stephen, as he needed a little more than just the pasta. This would be a great pasta for a Labor Day Picnic!
Anyway, it's a good recipe to have on hand. Easy to make, and ingredients aren't all that expensive.
Click here to see how Pioneer Woman makes it... and I've copied the recipe below.
(PS- Didn't she do an awesome job on her show Saturday? I loved watching it. I sat and smiled the entire time. Loved it!)
- 12 ounces, weight Mostaccioli - (* I just used Penne pasta.. I bet they are the same.)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Whole Milk
- 4 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Adobo Sauce From Chipotle Peppers (or One Minced Chipotle Pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 10 ounces, weight Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
- 1/2 pound Smoked Gouda Cheese, Cut Into Small Cubes
- 24 whole Basil Leaves (chiffonade)